About Carpool® Studio
Carpool is a new video game studio based both in Paris and Montpellier, with a passion for creating the most innovative and exciting multiplayer games. Created by industry veterans and gathering a human-sized talented team from diverse backgrounds and cultures, our team is all about bringing life to our unique ideas and focusing on AAA execution.
We are thrilled to create games that are fun, challenging, full of pop culture references, and willing to bring all players the best engaging and compelling experience possible.
Our first project is a brand-new hybrid genre mixing strategy and fast-paced action into a PvP experience. But more than a game, our objective is to create a new IP with transmedia opportunities to expand our narrative and go beyond the video game market.
Carpool is a company that values passion, trust, autonomy, curiosity, honesty, and pragmatism, letting each member bring their unique perspective and skillset and add value to our project.
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and we highly value work/life balance, team interaction, and wellbeing when joining Carpool.
Are you ready to embark with us on this journey?
Develop, document, and support the internal game pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
Senior Technical Artist
Setting up all tools and pipelines to support all graphical aspects of our project in Unreal 5, in direct collaboration with artists, level designers, and engine programmers: Advanced shaders and materials, Rendering, VFX, Lightning, Animation, and Rigging, ….
Maintaining and optimizing continuously tools, pipelines, and workflows combining performance constraints and artistic direction of our project
Being proactive and in a solution-oriented mindset and always looking at sharing your knowledge among the entire team
Keeping up to date on current technology and always looking at new technology on the market and among the competition.
- Participate in technical art reviews, and post-mortem analysis, and encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
- Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
- Streamline modeling, texturing and visual effects to meet the quality needs and timeline requirements for the project;
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains;
- Coach and grow a high-performance team, providing feedback and supporting them to do their best work
- Document and train artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Maintain a balance between day-to-day work and improving workflows;
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Proactive and results-orientated. Able to challenge and be challenged.
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
- Knowledge of art asset pipelines;
- Knowledge of industry-standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop, etc.;
- Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp, etc.;
- Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote, etc.;
- Technical proficiency in 2D and 3D art;
- 3-5 years experience as a Technical Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline, or other relevant training;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential.
- Fluent in English
- Engine: UNREAL 5
Qualities that could make a difference
- Pop Culture galore
- Love for multiplayer games
- Knowledge of standard development tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop, Perforce
- Passion for quality in both visual and technical areas
- Experience in the vehicle-based environment and ecosystem (modeling, texturing and optimization);
- Extensive knowledge of High-Low poly pipe and PBR material handling
- Understanding of real-time constraints across Tech Art subjects: scripting, procedural tools, content pipeline, GPU, CPU, shader authoring, profiling, and optimization.
What we offer :
- Salary: Btw 45 000 & 60 000
- Benefits: Relocation package ( if needed ),
- Location: Montpellier or Paris
- Contract: CDI ( permanent contract)
- Work from-home policy: with a maximum of 2 days of telework per week and a monthly trip of at least 3 days (either Paris/ or Montpellier alternatively) to attend our team workshops.
- 50% of the cost of the health care plan is covered :
- Family package ( employee + child/children no matter the number + spouse) : with a remaining cost of 98,40€ euros
- Single package ( employee only): with a remaining cost of 54,60€ euros.
- Beginning date: ASAP
Carpool® is committed to encouraging a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture among our teams and is dedicated to eliminating discrimination.
Please do not forget to include a portfolio proving your skills and personality alongside your application