CARPOOL STUDIO - Senior Engine Programmer (H/F/NB)
About Carpool® Studio
Carpool is a new video game studio based both in Paris and Montpellier, with a passion for creating the most innovative and exciting multiplayer games. Created by industry veterans and gathering a human-sized talented team from diverse backgrounds and cultures, our team is all about bringing life to our unique ideas and focusing on AAA execution.
We are thrilled to create games that are fun, challenging, full of pop culture references, and willing to bring all players the best engaging and compelling experience possible.
Our first project is a brand-new hybrid genre mixing strategy and fast-paced action into a PvP experience. But more than a game, our objective is to create a new IP with transmedia opportunities to expand our narrative and go beyond the video game market.
Carpool is a company that values passion, trust, autonomy, curiosity, honesty, and pragmatism, letting each member bring their unique perspective and skillset and add value to our project.
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and we highly value work/life balance, team interaction, and wellbeing when joining Carpool.
Are you ready to embark with us on this journey?
Develop, document, and support engine programming and optimize engine tools and performance according to production and games needs and constraints
Technical Director Engine
- Develop core engine systems and tools, and provide support to the users of the engine technology ( Unreal );
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, organizing and planning the implementation of features with direction from their leads, and assisting less experienced programmers;
- Use practical solutions to implement feature requests, taking into account performance, maintainability, and resource usage;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own and other's code;
- Collect, interpret, and analyze the technical feasibility of system/feature specifications;
- Write clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data structure and algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance, and architectural requirements;
- Document implemented features;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basics of load testing and game feature testing and write test code;
- Stay up-to-date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code reviews for peers;
- Extract and interpret relevant runtime system resource information (disk IO, network, CPU, memory, etc).
Skills and Knowledge :
- Engine: UNREAL 5
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Proactive and results-orientated. Able to challenge and be challenged.
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Understanding of platform/engine strengths and limitations;
- Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp, etc.;
- Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote, etc.;
- Fluent in English
• 4-6 years experience as an Engine programmer ideally on Unreal Engine or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or other relevant training;
• Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Qualities that could make a difference:
- Pop Culture galore
- Love for multiplayer games
- Experience in team management
- Experience in multiplayer games ( PvP or PvE )
- Experience in the vehicle-based environment and specific technical challenges (vehicle assets, replication, AI, vehicle physics );
What can we offer:
- Salary bracket: 60 000-80 000 euros
- Benefits: Relocation package ( if needed )
- Location: Montpellier or Paris
- Contract: CDI ( permanent contract - status cadre)
- Beginning date: ASAP
- Location: Montpellier or Paris
- Contract: CDI
- Work from-home policy: with a maximum of 2 days of telework per week and a monthly trip of at least 3 days (either Paris/ or Montpellier alternatively) to attend our team workshops.
- 50% of the cost of the health care plan is covered :
- Family package ( employee + child/children no matter the number + spouse): with a remaining cost of 98,40€ euros
- Single package ( employee only): with a remaining cost of 54,60€ euros.
Carpool® is committed to encouraging a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture among our teams and dedicated to eliminating discrimination.
Please do not forget to include a portfolio proving your skills and personality alongside your application